The Heart of Yoga: Appreciating a Depth Within
Our 200 hour yoga teacher certification program begins with a deep dive into the heart of classical hatha yoga. This is a wholistic program that emphasizes the approach to yoga inclusive of the origins, the teachings with regards to the mind and meditation, the physical (asana) practices and modern social impact and responsibility as a facilitator of these sacred sciences.
You will be exposed to several world reknown & respected teachers anchored by lead teacher, founder of Ohana Rising, Lisa Brodrick. The Ohana Rising teacher community will also serve as personal mentors, resources, support and guides.
While our teacher education program will provide you with all the tools to begin to share yoga, this program provides the opportunity for you to connect with your own personal growth, path and practice. In order to share, your cup must be filled.
In the book Enlightened Living, a New Interpretive Translation of the Yoga Sutras of Maharishi Patanjali (1999), by Swami Venkatesananda we gather more clues toward a deeper understanding of what is Yoga:
“The gospel of Yoga suggests neither a withdrawal nor an escape from the world, but the abandonment of the mental conditioning which creates a division….”
“[You] will not fail to notice that the teachings of Yoga are universal and that they do not interfere with one’s religious faith, occupation, or lifestyle. Everyone who lives is entitled to enlightenment that instantly transforms every-day life into enlightened living.”
The practice is both the means and the goal. This is not just an intellectual endeavor, but the essence of daily living. There are many lineages that have developed over time that carry a certain emphasis or methodology. Yoga will always lead to the same condition: moksha or liberation/ enlightenment. The goal is freedom of spirit and victory of consciousness over ignorance. Imagine our world as each one of our lives & spirit is elevated - especially in our “ordinary” daily life leading to that which we can know as enlightened living.
- Foundations of Asana: building and sequencing classes
- Foundations of meditation
- The history of Yoga
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Ethical Rules, foundations of teaching, use of props & adaptations
- Eight limbs of Yoga
- Breathing Practices (Pranayama)
- Alignment, Energy & Subtle Anatomy (Chakras, Koshas, Prana)
- Deep healing relaxation & meditation
- Mantra & mudra
- Deep ecology, connection with planet & nature
- special topics will include Yoga Nidra (deep healing relaxation), Kundalini Yoga, Conscious Communication, introduction to Yin & Restorative Yoga, foundations of adaptive/ chair yoga, & body sensing.
In Person Weekends:** (virtual option available for distance learning).
Saturday's 12-8pm/ Sunday's 11:30-3:30
October 23 & 24
November 6 & 7
November 13 & 14
December 4 & 5
December 11 & 12
January 7-9* (Friday evening 6-9pm)
Weekly 1 hour Zoom calls *flexible times TBA according to group
Early Morning Meditations:
6:30 am - Sunday's in December
Weekly lessons through online portal
Access to all online classes
30 class pass to be used during training period
Mid October- December week day teacher practice sessions (to be scheduled based on students)
This course is a commitment. However, it is designed to be integrated into your daily life. The self paced lessons & weekly check-ins serve as a support & conscious space for exploration.
Please copy, paste & submit your answers to the following questions and email to email@example.com
1) What is your relationship with yoga?
2) What does "The Journey of the Teacher" mean to you?
3) What is inspiring you to do this training? Do you have a specific goal in mind?
4) List Yoga history, experience, styles practiced and any previous training.
5) Influential teachers, teachings, books you have encountered:
6) What brought you to this program?
7) Please indicate if you will be paying in full or selecting the payment plan. Once application has been approved, the appropriate link will be emailed to you to complete payment. (see below)
Once registration and payment have been confirmed, you will receive a required reading list and introductory manual to begin your journey prior to class start date.
FOR OUR 200 HOUR PROGRAM:
Tuition & Payment Plans
payment in full: $2889 upon registration
Payment plan: three payments of $999
First payment is due upon registration, second & third payment within 30 and 60 days.
All students will recieve a 30 class pass to be used during teacher training as part of practice requirement.
** If student needs to quarantine, arrangments can be made to attend remotely during the YTT days. You are encouraged to attend all days. Absences can be discussed & arrangements made on a case basis.
All payments are non-refundable but are transferable to any Ohana Rising Yoga School Programming prior to program start date. After YTT start date, all payments are non refundable & non transferrable.
We look forward to sharing in this journey with you! Mahalo!
*pictured above: 2014 YTT group with Lisa Brodrick & Global Camps Africa leaders in Johannesburg, South Africa